Your Responsibility at RMR
Regardless of how you use the slopes, always show courtesy to others.
There are elements of risk that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. You must adhere to the codes listed below and share the responsibility with others for a safe outdoor experience.
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop, or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Before starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- If you are involved in or witness a collision/accident you must remain at the scene and identify yourself to the Ski Patrol.
- Always use proper devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe and obey all posted signs and warnings.
- Keep off closed trails and obey area closures.
- You must not use lifts or terrain if your ability is impaired through the use of alcohol or drugs.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability, and knowledge to safely load, ride, and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask the lift attendant.
Know the Code - Be Safety Conscious!
- Abide by the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Be cordial and respectful to all fellow skiers/riders and employees.
- Respect all area closures and slow zones.
- Refrain from profane or abusive language in all public areas.
- Smoking in non-designated areas will not be tolerated.
- Alcohol consumption restricted to licensed areas at the Resort.
- Zero tolerance of narcotics use.
- Be accountable for your own actions.