The Pipe Mountain Coaster
Loading Pipe Status & Queue Numbers...
Hours of Operation
|May 18 - June 22||June 23 - September 3||September 4 - October 8|
|9:00am - 5:00pm||8:00am - 8:00pm||9:00am - 5:00pm|
Turn up the heat this summer with The Pipe Mountain Coaster!
- Travel up to 42km/hr (26mph)
- 1.4km of twists and turns
- 279m vertical drop
Summer 2018 Rates Rider (ages 8+) Passenger
1 Ride $25 $8 2 Rides* $45 $16 3 Rides* $60 $24
*Available Spring/Fall only.
† Passengers must be 3 to 12 years old and a minimum of 96cm (3' 2") tall. Maximum weight capacity per cart is 118kg (260lbs). Minimum of 16 years of age to ride with a passenger in the cart. Passengers must be no taller than the driver's shoulders. To ride alone you must be 8 years of age or older, and 4' 1" or taller. See Restrictions tab for full details.
Your fun begins with a scenic treetop ride on our Gondola with dramatic views to the starting line outside Revelation Lodge. Looking down the Columbia Valley, your palms will sweat, and your pulse will race as you prepare yourself for what lies ahead.
The adventure begins right out of the starting gate; after buckling into the cart, you push forward to release the brakes. Ahead of you lies a steep drop that dives right into an ominous tunnel; from there, you descend 279 vertical metres (915 feet) over 1.4 kilometres (0.87 miles) of high-speed rail, twisting and turning across ski runs and through the forest all the way to the finish line in the Resort Village.
Not just for the adrenaline junkie, this family-friendly ride allows you to control your own speed - letting you choose between a relaxing cruise or a white-knuckled all-out track attack! The unique cart design allows you to ride individually or tandem with small children. Since you have 100% control over your excitement factor, it is great for all ages – just be warned you are going to want to ride it again and again.
Nothing like a thrill ride to work up an appetite. Good news! A full breakfast buffet with stunning valley views is waiting at Revelation Lodge, our timber-framed day lodge located at the top of the Revelation Gondola and just metres away from the new Mountain Coaster. Relax on the sun-soaked outdoor deck and take in the panoramic view of the Monashee Mountains and Columbia River; the perfect way to cap off The Pipe Mountain Coaster!
- Gondola access is included with your ride ticket for The Pipe.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- To ride alone you must be 8 years of age or older, and 4' 1" or taller. Maximum weight capacity per cart is 118kg (260lbs). Minimum of 16 years of age to ride with a passenger in the cart. Passengers must be 3 to 12 years old and a minimum of 96cm (3' 2") tall. Passengers must be no taller than the driver's shoulders. No upper height limit on single riders.
- Handheld devices including phones and action cameras are not permitted. If you wish to use an action camera, you must use a chest harness or headmount.
- Locals' discount available. Inquire at Guest Services for details. Revelstoke proof of address required.
- A maximum speed of 42kph will be managed by a push to go forward brake and a centrifugal brake.
- Riders must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload the coaster.
- The Pipe Mountain Coaster may need to be suspended temporarily or closed during any rain, thunderstorms, lightning or high winds. The Pipe Mountain Coaster will reopen as soon as safe operations can be assured.
- Riders must wear seatbelts at all times and keep their arms and legs within the cart.
- Carts are not to stop or come into contact while on the track. Riders must keep a minimum distance of 40m away from other carts.
- Up to two riders per cart - each rider is required to purchase a ticket.
- No smoking or intoxication is permitted while riding the Mountain Coaster.
- The Pipe is not recommended for pregnant women and those with pre-existing neck or back injuries.