Employment at Revelstoke Mountain Resort
Revelstoke Mountain Resort looks for individuals who are courageous, compassionate, and competitive; thrive on positive, frequent customer contact; have an adventurous spirit and are enthusiastic, sincere, and fun loving. Revelstoke Mountain Resort fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced and individual aspirations are fulfilled.
Now Hiring for July & August
- Retention Bonus of $2/hour for RMR & Sutton Place Hotel Employees
- Summer Season Pass for all Resort employees
- Winter Season Pass for Revelstoke Secondary School Students
- New Scholarship Program with 4 x $500 Scholarships Available
- Exclusive Staff Perks and Offers
No phone calls please - only successful applicants will be contacted.
Patrol Level 4
The Mountain Patrol team member-level 4 administers first aid to injured guests/staff, monitors and maintains the safe conditions of ski runs/trails, assumes a leadership role during day to day operations, avalanche control missions, lift evacuations and search and rescue operations under the supervision of the Patrol Supervisor and the Avalanche Forecaster.
- Administers first aid to injured guests and staff.
- Transports injured skiers from the mountain to the patient transfer station.
- Investigates and records accident details according to established procedures including taking statements from witnesses and performing in depth accident investigations.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of first aid rooms and of all first aid supplies on the mountain.
- Recognizes causes of risk, sets up and maintains signage, fencing and boundary markers to minimize skiing hazards.
- Enforces skier responsibility code, issues warnings to and/or revokes lift passes from reckless or irresponsible skiers.
- Monitors lift operations to ensure safe conditions on the lifts and around the ski area.
- Follows established working procedures and ensures safe working conditions for himself/herself and the mountain safety staff.
- During avalanche control missions, acts as a control route leader as assigned by the avalanche forecaster and follows established protocols and procedures.
- Has a thorough knowledge of company and department polices as stated in the Emergency Procedures and Safety Program manuals.
- Assists or leads rescue teams during lift evacuations and search and rescue operations as required.
- Acts professionally at all time.
- Interacts positively with guests: Provides accurate information regarding lifts, runs, area facilities/services, operating hours and current events. Handles complaints and resolves situations in a courteous manner.
- Maintains current and up to date working knowledge of rope handling techniques and all aspects of avalanche rescue techniques.
- Can control a loaded toboggan on difficult terrain.
- Assumes mentorship role with level 2 members of the mountain safety team.
- NUOEC 80hr First Aid course with advanced protocols.
- CAA Avalanche Operations Level 2 certification
- Advanced rope rescue experience ( preferably Rigging for Rescue )
- Work safe BC Blaster certification
- Minimum of 5 seasons of professional patrol experience or 4 seasons with at least 1 season of related experience such as ski guiding or work in an avalanche program.
- Minimum of 3 seasons of active avalanche control in challenging or complex avalanche terrain (according to the Avalanche Terrain Exposure Scale)
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
Email Application » This is a Full Time Seasonal position.