Our Commitment To Health & Safety
The health and safety of our guests and team members is our highest priority. We want you to enjoy everything the mountain has to offer with absolute confidence so we developed Revelstoke Mountain Resort PureClean to elevate our existing high standards of hygiene and cleanliness procedures.
Current Travel Advisory from the Government of B.C.
- Please do not visit Revelstoke Mountain Resort if
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 which primarily displays as a persistent cough, please do not come to Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
- If you do not feel well, please do not come to Revelstoke Mountain Resort. Stay home, and, when in doubt, call 8-1-1 or get tested.
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, please do not come to Revelstoke Mountain Resort until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
- If you have underlying medical conditions it is recommended that you do not visit Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
- Please respect physical distancing measures and obey all posted signage while at Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
- Face coverings are mandatory for the 2020.21 winter season
For the upcoming 2020.21 winter season, we will be requiring everyone to wear face coverings throughout the Resort including in the Village base area, all indoor facilities, lift lines and while riding in the gondola and on chairlifts. Appropriate masks and face coverings are defined as any double-layer material that adequately covers a person’s mouth and nose. Children 3 and under are not required to wear a mask or face covering.
- Stay local and avoid non-essential travel within B.C.
The Government of British Columbia's response to Covid-19 is now recommending that we stay local and avoid non-essential travel. We are currently Phase 3 of BC's Restart Plan. More information on Phase 3 of BC's Restart Plan can be found here.
As a valued guest at Revelstoke Mountain Resort, we want you to feel safe, comfortable and confident during your experience with us. Here are the measures we have enacted to ensure your safety:
Screening & Sanitizing
- We encourage each guest to self-assess and not to visit the Resort if feeling unwell
- All gondola cabins, tables, chairs and rental equipment have been protected with the integral surface protection program
- High touch points will be disinfected frequently
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed around the Resort
- Whenever possible, we advise you to stay 6 ft or 2 metres from any other guest at the Resort
- When physical distancing is not possible, such as on the chair lift or in a gondola cabin, guests will be required to wear a mask or face covering
- We have reduced seating in restaurants and common areas
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at our Guest Services desks and at our retail locations
Eliminating Touch Points
- Whenever possible, doors will be propped open
- We strongly encourage contact-less payment methods
- Tickets for all activities are available for pre-purchase online
Our staff are the backbone of our company and we are committed to keeping each of our team members safe. Here are the measures we have enacted to ensure they are coming to a safe workplace and will go home healthy at the end of every day.
Daily Temperature Checks
- Temperatures of each staff member will be checked daily
- Any staff member with a fever will be sent home immediately
Sanitization & Protective Equipment
- Hand sanitizer will be widely available for each staff member
- Staff will be trained in frequent and thorough hand washing
- Staff will be given protective equipment including a mask, gloves and a shield
- Requirements to wear such equipment will vary based on job role
Training & Illness Policy
- A new staff training program has been developed which covers proper personal hygiene protocol, covid-19 disease transmission methods, signs and symptoms and proper cleaning protocol
- Our staff illness policy has been adjusted to support our staff member who may be feeling sick
- New operating procedures have been put in place to protect staff members
- We will operate with staggered start and break times
- Meetings and communication will be conducted virtually whenever possible
- Training will be conducted online and in small groups
- We have made changes to our time clock procedures to eliminate touch points for staff
We are increasing our cleaning protocols to ensure thorough and timely cleaning of all surfaces and touch points around the Resort.
Cleaning & Sanitization
- We will clean, disinfect and sanitize touch points and items after each use
- We will clean, disinfect and sanitize gondola cabins frequently
- All of the cleaning products used by are staff are approved by Health Canada and proven to kill viruses such as Covid-19.
For a detailed account of our operating procedures and policies, please read through our Operating Guidelines, last updated on November 24, 2020.