An Update From Our Vice President
March 31 2020
To our valued guests,
First and foremost, I hope this email finds you in good health during this unprecedented time. I would also like to take this opportunity to provide you with a quick update regarding operations at Revelstoke Mountain Resort. Fifteen days ago, we suspended winter operations. Since then, numerous changes have taken effect across the world. Travel restrictions are in place, our National Parks are closed, and only essential services remain open.
At the Resort, our first priority is the health and well being of our staff, guests and community. As such, we have made the official decision to cease operations for the duration of the 2019/20 winter season.
I recognize that there are many questions as a result of this unanticipated closure. If you have unused lift tickets from the 2019/20 season, we are happy to provide a full refund or roll your days over to the 2020/21 season. If you have unused days on your Vertical Card, we will automatically roll these days over for use next winter. If you are a Season Passholder, we are committed to providing you with a fair solution for next winter. We are currently in the process of revamping our plan for 2020/21 Season Passes along with a supportive measure for our 2019/20 Season Passholders.
And while this season came to an abrupt end on March 16, it's worth noting a few of the high points:
- We opened Stellar Chair. And it's awesome.
- We had an incredible snow year with almost 10 metres (32 feet) before we ceased operations (981cm or 386in to be exact).
- We celebrated 30 pow days with 10+cm (4+in) reported overnight. We even had 3 days with over 30cm (12in).
- Our Ski Patrol hosted the first-ever "She Patrol" mentorship day.
- We collected two truck loads of food and over $3,800 for the Revelstoke Food Bank through our Locals Day series.
- We crowned new Kings and Queens of the Mountain. Congrats Siobhan, Alexis, Darby and Matt.
Although season was shorter than planned, what a season it was! Thanks for being a part of it!
Vice President of Operations
Revelstoke Mountain Resort