COVID-19 - A Letter from our VP of Operations
March 15 2020
With the ongoing attention on the COVID-19 virus, we will be assessing the health and safety of our staff and guests on a daily basis. Revelstoke Mountain Resort is open and committed to delivering a premier ski/snowboard experience.
We also wanted to update you about additional steps we are taking at Revelstoke Mountain Resort to maintain a safe and clean environment for both guests and employees. We will continue to monitor the situation and update the website with new information if and when things change.
As of March 14, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for Canada, and Vancouver Coastal Health says the risk of coronavirus disease transmission continues to remain low for residents of British Columbia. We encourage everyone to consult with their local health authority for the most up to date information and make an informed decision in regards to their own health.
The health and safety of our employees and guests is our top priority which includes maintaining high standards for cleaning and sanitation. In addition to our regular procedures, Revelstoke Mountain Resort has taken additional steps to maintain a safe and clean environment for employees and guests including:
- Changing lift loading procedures to allow for social distancing and for guests to choose their own groupings
- Single lines will be removed from the Stoke, Ripper and Stellar Chair to prevent group mixing
- Gondola cabins are being disinfected twice daily
- More frequent cleanings of guest and staff bathrooms
- Installation of additional hand sanitizing units around the Resort
- Addition of signs in all bathrooms reminding guests to wash their hands and practice good cough and sneeze etiquette
- Regular deep cleaning and sanitization for all Resort and hotel facilities
In addition, our Food and Beverage division has also taken the following measures:
- Reduced seating capacity at Revelation Lodge, Rockford and the Mackenzie Tavern
- Removed self serve soup station at Revelation Lodge
- Increased room service for Guests of The Sutton Place Hotel. Disinfecting tables after every use
- Cancelled live music and events for the duration of the winter season
We have also reinforced with all of our employees the importance that we all work together to prevent the spread of illness in the workplace. We continue to monitor the situation and follow the advice of WorkSafeBC and the BC Centre for Disease Control.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort continues to focus on promoting a healthy active lifestyle and invite guests to enjoy the fresh air and incredible ski/snowboard experience that Revelstoke is renowned for.
Vice President of Operations
Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- For the most up-to-date information in Canada, visit PHAC's online resources here
- For any additional questions, call the Health Canada information line, available in either French or English: 1-833-784-4397. If you have any concerns about your health, please contact your healthcare provider