New Covid 19 Restrictions for the Interior Health Region
August 21 2021
On August 20, 2021, the Province of British Columbia announced new public health orders for the Interior Health Region.
Effective as of midnight on August 20, 2021:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces for people 12 years and older.
- Low-intensity indoor group exercise is permitted to a maximum 10 people per class. High intensity indoor group exercise is not permitted.
- Outdoor group exercise is permitted up to 50 people per class.
Effective as of Monday, August 23, 2021 at 8:00am:
- Gatherings in vacation rentals are limited to five guests or one additional household.
- Indoor personal gatherings are limited to ten guests or one other household.
- Outdoor personal gatherings (e.g. birthday parties, backyard BBQs, block parties) are limited to no more than 50 people.
- Organized indoor gatherings (e.g. weddings, funerals, seated events) are limited to 50 people, and outdoors gatherings are limited to 100 people, both requiring a COVID-19 safety plan.