Top 10 for Canada Day
June 30 2017
Looking for ways to celebrate Canada Day this weekend? Here's a list of things you won’t want to miss:
- The Revelation Gondola is now open to the alpine! You can experience mile high views from our new viewing platforms overlooking the Columbia River Valley and Monashee Mountain Range.
- Mackenzie Outpost is open for business at the top of the Gondola. Grab a refreshing beverage or snack and enjoy the patio.
- Take a stroll along Cupcake Loop, our new 3 km beginner hiking trail. It’s a figure eight loop through subalpine forests, and is perfect for those wanting to try hiking and for families with young kids. Remember your bug spray, sunscreen, and water bottles!
- Indulge in the Beer Garden at Mackenzie Outpost Saturday and Sunday, open from 11 am to 5 pm. $6 cans of beer, $7 Lonetree Cider, and $8.50 Somersby Cider. Refreshing!
- Check out the Celebration of Culture Pop-Up Art Gallery and live chainsaw carving demonstration in the Village Plaza. This is a free event for all ages. The gallery is open July 1 from 12 pm - 5 pm and July 2 from 2 pm - 9 pm.
- Try a homemade gourmet popsicle from the Popcycle stand at R Gear, the retail store at the base of the gondola. Delicious and original flavours like: mojito, café affogato, blueberry hibiscus, white chocolate black berry, and chai tiramisu.
- Catch some air on the Turtle Creek Bungee Bounce in the village.
- All you can eat breakfast buffet at Revelation Lodge with the best views in town, served from 7 am - 1 pm. Enjoy all your breakfast favourites, plus some indulgent treats like fresh waffles and whipped cream, omelets made to order, frittatas, and an assortment of delicious pastries.
- Ride The Pipe Mountain Coaster from Revelation Lodge down 1.4 km of twists and turns sweeping through the meadows and glades of lower mountain. Don’t forget to pick up your Sniper Action snapshot from R gear!
- Oh, and did we mention gelato!? La Baguette is now open from 7 am to 4 pm in the village.
Check out our hours of operation for the latest on opening and closing times - we'll see you soon!
Revelstoke Mountain Resort