What to Expect for Opening Day 2021
November 23 2021
Dropping in 3,2,1...our winter season is officially kicking off on Saturday, November 27. If you're as excited as us to get those first turns in of the season, read on and find out everything you need to know about conditions and what to expect this weekend.
Terrain & Conditions
- Base depth is 130 cm in the alpine.
- Skiing will be best at higher elevations.
- Expect a snowy day with limited grooming.
- Downloading will be mandatory from the top of the Revelation Gondola.
- Subpeak and alpine terrain in North Bowl and Greely Bowl will open incrementally as conditions allow.
- Tree skiing is strongly discouraged. See map below for closed areas.
- Be aware of open creeks, deadfall, unmarked rocks and hazards.
- PLEASE RESPECT ALL CLOSURES!
- All runs off Stellar Chair will be open.
- The Terrain Park will be open with 5 features. Gnome Zone will also be open.
- Little Bit Magic Carpet will be running at mid-station and The Revelation Lodge will be open (although skiing to the lodge will not be possible).
- All lifts will be open except the Turtle Creek Magic Carpet.
- Warming huts at the top of the Revelation Gondola and Ripper Chair will be open with capacity restrictions in place.
- Stoke Chair: The Last Spike, Greenhorn, Hollywood, Gnome Zone, Bread & Butter and Critical Path to Top of Gondola
- Stellar Chair: Big Bend, Over Easy, Bacon & Eggs, Practically Pro and Boondocker
- Ripper Chair: Downtowner and Burn Down
In addition to proof of vaccination, face coverings will be required in all indoor locations, including the Revelation Gondola, for guests aged 5 and older. All guests and Season Pass holders are encouraged to visit Guest Services before Opening Day to verify their COVID-19 immunization status. After that, a note will be placed on the Season Passholder’s account, and the Passholder will be given a sticker to fast-track the Vaccine Passport Check Station located at the base of the Resort.
Pick up your season pass before Saturday morning. Guest Services hours: Nov 24 & 25 9:00 am to 6:00 pm | Nov 26 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Photos: Hywel Williams | Yu Sasaki | Janelle Yip