What to Expect For Opening Day 2018
November 27 2018
Dust off your gear, sharpen your edges, and get stoked for another powder-filled winter at RMR! Here's everything you need to know for Day 1.
Terrain & Conditions
We want to make sure you have the best day possible, so here are a couple things to keep in mind about the early season conditions Mother Nature has dealt for us for this year:
- Base depth is 1 metre in the alpine which means skiing will be best up high.
- Downloading will be mandatory from the top of the Revelation Gondola until snow coverage at lower elevations improves.
- RESPECT all closures.
- Tree skiing is strongly discouraged.
- Intermediate and advanced skiing only.
- The terrain park will be open with limited progression features.
- Gnome zone will be open.
- The Last Spike and Greenhorn will be open.
- LIttle Bit magic carpet will be running at Revelation Lodge, but the beginner slope will not be open.
In the Village
Stoke FM will be broadcasting live on location, entertaining us with prize giveaways, endless banter, and of course – great tunes. Don't forget to fuel up on coffee and snacks from La Baguette or Rockford while we do one final countdown to ring in a new season. Lifts start spinning at 8:30 am.
If you want to shred sweet lines instead of lineups, be sure to pick up your pass before Saturday. Guest Services will be open on November 28 from 8am to 6pm, November 29 from 8am to 7pm, and on November 30 from 8am to 7pm.
New This Year – RFID
Your Season Pass, Vertical Card, or Lift Ticket is now equipped with an RFID chip. This means no more fumbling with your Pass or Ticket when trying to board the Gondola. Be sure to read up on RFID FAQs and details here
Live DJ and Beer Gardens
Take a ride break and join the party at the Mackenzie outpost from 11:00am-2:30pm.
Finally, no ski day is complete without après. Join us for beers in the village. We'll be screening Sherpas Cinema's new film, Children Of The Columbia at Mackenzie Common Tavern at 3pm. Don't miss prize giveaways from Arc'teryx, Black Crows and R Gear.
Be sure to send us your opening weekend footage. We want to see what you were up to! Tag us @revelstoke on Instagram and @revelstokemtn on Facebook and Twitter.