Build your backcountry knowledge and avalanche awareness with an educational program at Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
Bookings made up to 48 hours in advance will receive a 10% discount.
This introductory Avalanche Skills Training course is for anyone 15 and over who is interested in going into the backcountry.
Basic avalanche phenomena and safe mountain travel are discussed, practiced and taught by our Ski Patrol who follows the curriculum established by the Canadian Avalanche Association (CAA). The AST Level 1 is the prerequisite for the AST Level 2 and for continued training in professional and industry avalanche courses offered by the CAA.
2019/20 Dates Price January 11-12
$269 per person
Book Online »
January 18-19 February 22-23 March 3-4 March 7-8 March 17-18 March 21-22
Note: Backcountry equipment is not included in this rate. Equipment rentals are available in the RMR Rental Shop. A complete touring backpack including a beacon, probe and shovel. All program participants will be asked to sign a Release of Liability Waiver prior to the start of the course. Participants under the age of 19 will need to have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver on their behalf.
Terms and Conditions
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort requires a 100% payment at the time of booking.
- Course payments are non-refundable within 7 days of the course start date.
- Prices do not include applicable taxes
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort reserves the right to cancel any program due to mechanical failure, weather, or snow conditions.
- In the event that the program must be rescheduled due to low enrolment, you will be offered alternative date(s), followed by a full refund if we are unable to move the booking.