Employment at Revelstoke Mountain Resort
Revelstoke Mountain Resort looks for individuals who are courageous, compassionate, and competitive; thrive on positive, frequent customer contact; have an adventurous spirit and are enthusiastic, sincere, and fun loving. Revelstoke Mountain Resort fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced and individual aspirations are fulfilled.
No phone calls please - only successful applicants will be contacted.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman
Oversee the maintenance on all fleet equipment.
- Perform all needed maintenance activities for all fleet aspects of the resort, as required.
- Maintain records of all maintenance activity.
- Assist in running a clean and professional shop.
- Ensure that all related activities are conducted in a safe manner through sound judgment and knowledge of safety procedures and guidelines.
- Must have Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic – BC Trades Certification or Interprovincial Red Seal Trades Certification
- A minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License (Driver’s abstract required.)
- Snow cat mechanical experience is an asset
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in potentially hazardous environment with exposure to variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical current.
- Must be prepared to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Food & Beverage
Rockford & Mackenzie Common
- Front of House Supervisor
The Front of House Supervisor is a leadership development position related to all front of house operations and crew.
- Shift management in support of management team
- Ensuring complete guest satisfaction and team morale during supervisory shifts
- Other duties as assigned by management team
- Handling guest concerns and compliments
- Running food and performing table-side service during busy periods to support your service team
- Previous serving experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant
- Previous restaurant leadership is an asset
- Natural leadership capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills – imitative, positive attitude, communication skills, professional appearance/grooming
- Excellent work ethic: driven, organized, good administration skills, dependable, flexible
No positions are currently open.
The Sutton Place Hotel
- Housekeeping Supervisor
The HK Supervisor(s) will assist the HK Manager with administrative responsibilities, regular daily room inspections; confirming our quality standards are being maintained and teaching HK Room Attendants on proper cleaning procedures, company policies and procedures.
They will monitor HK staff members by performing audits of skills, on-the-job observations and inspections to determine the delivery of training. They will ensure that associates are adhering to brand standards via regular quality control checks. They will develop individual development plans and on-the-job coaching, when needed, and report progress to the HK Manager.
They will work with the HK Manager and fellow HK Supervisors to understand the department’s training needs. They will recommend or assist in the design of targeted training programs.
They will provide training and rationale of the importance to stay within the department’s budget.
They will ensure associates are participating in provincial mandated programs (i.e. WHIMIS) and will evaluate and report on position training progress.
They will assume supervisory or staff duties as needed and perform other duties as assigned by The Sutton Place management team.
- Social Insurance number (Tax File Number): All employees are required to have a copy of their SIN number before work can commence. Proof of application is acceptable for international employees and must be applied for upon arrival in Canada. Please visit Service Canada for more information
- Health Care Number
- Valid Work Visa (international applicants)
- Valid Driver's License (if required for position)
- Banking Information: Bank name, address, branch number, transit number, and account number. A VOID cheque is preferred
- Emergency Contact: Name, relationship, street address and phone number
- Permanent Mailing Address for tax information and other important documents
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do seasonal employment positions start?
Our winter season kicks off in November with a closing date in April. Our summer season begins in May and runs until October. Start dates vary according to the position applied for, but typically begin one week prior to seasonal operations.
Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort offer staff accommodation?
Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer staff accommodation at this time. The town of Revelstoke offers a variety of accommodation options. Please make a rental application at Revelstoke Property Services or view private rental listings on The Stoke List classifieds. International Applicants
Q: I am not from Canada. What do I need to do to work at Revelstoke Mountain Resort?
In order to be legally entitled to work in Canada, you will need to provide the following:
- A Valid Work Permit
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) or acknowledgment of receipt that you have applied for one. For general inquiries, you can contact the office by email at email@example.com, visit the Social Development Canada website or call toll free in Canada: 1.800.206.7218. We encourage you to apply in person as your application will be certified and your documents will be returned to you immediately. You should receive your SIN card in approximately three weeks
- Criminal Record Check (International Applicants are required to obtain a Criminal Record Check before leaving their home country) Your clearance must be dated within the last 18 months
- Photo Identification (Government issued id only: passport, drivers license, etc)
Q: I am not from Canada. How do I obtain a work permit?
To apply for your Canadian Work Permit, you must contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Please remember that the application process can take several months.
Q: I am applying for my work permit and have been told that I need a letter of offer to obtain the permit. Can Revelstoke Mountain Resort do this for me?
Revelstoke Mountain Resort cannot give letters of offer to foreign workers who require such an offer to apply for their permit to come to Canada. You must apply for a Working Holiday Permit visa. This permit/visa does not require you to have arranged employment before entering Canada.
Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort sponsor people?
At present, Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer sponsorships. You are required to obtain a work permit yourself for all occupations.