Employment at Revelstoke Mountain Resort

Revelstoke Mountain Resort looks for individuals who are courageous, compassionate, and competitive; thrive on positive, frequent customer contact; have an adventurous spirit and are enthusiastic, sincere, and fun loving. Revelstoke Mountain Resort fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced and individual aspirations are fulfilled.

No phone calls please - only successful applicants will be contacted.
  • Current Employment Opportunities

    Media Relations & Social Media Coordinator
    • Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
    • Expires: August 15, 2014
    • Start Date (Approx.): September 01, 2014

    Job Summary

    • Liaise with Sales and Marketing team to integrate media relations initiatives, supporting overall sales and marketing strategies.
    • Maintain media kit and media database.
    • Catalog all published STHS and RMR media and calculate the exposure value to quantify an ROI for our media relations activities
    • Manage online media centre and photo gallery, in conjunction with Web Developer and Graphic Designer.
    • Create and distribute media advisories and information, internally and externally as required.
    • Respond to media requests for photography, fact-checking and familiarization requests in a timely manner.
    • Coordinate with community partners to develop comprehensive familiarization itineraries to meet RMR, STHS and visiting media's goals.
    • Liaise with all departments to ensure the logistics of media events and familiarization tours are executed appropriately.
    • Track established budget for media and public relations, ensuring integration with overall departmental budget, goals and objectives.
    • Provide crisis communications support to General Managers as required.
    • Produce original content through copy writing for RMR & STHS websites and marketing collateral.


    • Participate in marketing initiatives and industry events such as FAMs and marketplace trips.
    • Offer support to all Sales divisions during peak visitation periods.
    • Act as an ambassador and advocate for RMR, STHS, Sutton Place Hotel, and the town of Revelstoke.
    • Foster a culture built on team work and a shared passion for the ski industry.
    • Ensure that all related activities are conducted in a safe manner through sound judgment and knowledge of safety procedures and guidelines.

    Minimum Requirements

    • Post-secondary education in communications, business and/or marketing related discipline.
    • Minimum 5 years’ experience, focused on media and public relations, social media and tourism marketing and a proven track record of success.
    • Advanced to expert skier or snowboarder.

    Abilities Required

    • Professional experience in the ski industry and/or mechanized skiing and a passion for a mountain environment and outdoor recreation is required.
    • Experience in crisis communications and corporate communications.
    • Strong writing skills including creative writing, copy writing for print and broadcast and professional publications.
    • Knowledge of content management software, Microsoft Office platforms and social networking applications is an asset.
    • Must have the ability to work in high-pressure situations, have the ability manage multiple projects at once and be capable of consistently meeting deadlines.
    • Exceptional presentation skills and a confident public speaker.
    • Enjoys working closely within a team environment but also capable of working independently with minimal supervision to achieve goals.
    Please contact Nico Leenders at media@revelstokemountainresort.com
    General Sales Manager - RMR & STHS

    In cooperation with the General Managers of RMR and Selkirk Tangier Heli Skiing, the Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the sales teams from RMR & STHS. The key objective of the position is to maximize sales revenue for both organizations.

    This position is an active sales role that entails implementing new sales initiatives, identifying opportunities, managing existing sales channels and growing skier clientele.

    The Sales Manager must be adept at building positive client relationships. Maintaining a public image that reflects well on Revelstoke Resort and STHS will be essential. Tasks associated with the position include: preparing annual sales plans and budgets, implementing sales activities, and working in partnership with our marketing department and media personnel to align initiatives and sales campaigns.

    • Full time year round employment



    • Liaise with executive and senior management on a strategic level to ensure effective execution of sales initiatives, marketing, and advertising and public relations campaigns
    • Develop and manage sales budgets
    • Lead all sales, reservations staff, agencies and activities


    • Establish, implement and engage in action plans to meet corporate sales objectives
    • Identify opportunities for growth
    • Implement new products and advise on pricing strategies
    • Work collectively with the RMR- STHS marketing division, to ensure maximum impact in all sales and marketing initiatives
    • Monitor trends; recommend changes or modifications to enhance sales growth
    • Plan and implement sales, customer development and retention
    • Analyze sales statistics to determine business growth potential

    Wholesale, Corporate & Group Sales

    • Oversee wholesale agent sales, product development and reservations
    • Develop and direct corporate/group sales initiatives in domestic and international markets


    • Support any segment of the sales team during peak demand periods
    • Act as an ambassador and advocate for STHS, RMR, Sutton Place and the town of Revelstoke
    • Foster a culture built on team work and a shared passion for the ski industry


    • Must have managerial experience in the sales and marketing field, preferably related to attractions and adventure tourism (a ski area background would be highly regarded)
    • Post-secondary training in Business, Commerce or Marketing
    • Must possess solid understanding of target markets to drive a growing business
    • Must have a sales record which demonstrates sales growth and yield gain
    • Strong leadership skills
    • Solid grasp of marketing and distribution strategies
    • Highly developed entrepreneurial skills with ability to generate reports, analyze statistics, and trends
    • Superior communication and interpersonal skills at all levels inside and outside the organization
    • Interpersonal savvy – developing and motivating effective teams
    • Proactive, results oriented, team player, forward thinking
    • Ability to manage several high priority projects at one time
    • Results focus
    Please contact Rob Elliott at relliott@revelstokemountainresort.com
    Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic

    Under the general direction of the Mountain Operations Manager, the Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic's main responsibility is to be able to diagnose and complete repairs on all company heavy equipment.

    • Immediate start
    • $25-$30 hourly dependent on experience
    • Full time year round employment


    • Perform all needed maintenance activities for all construction fleet vehicles including; rock trucks, bulldozers, excavators, grader, backhoe, forklift and trucks
    • Assist in running a clean, safe, and professional shop
    • Fleet maintenance will usually be completed in the shop and sometimes on the mountain
    • Welding on non critical components
    • Assist with part sourcing and purchasing
    • Immediately report to management any operating condition that is outside of federal/provincial and company policy or code
    • Ensure cooperation with other company employees to expedite work
    • Maintain records of all maintenance activity
    • Ensure that all related activities are conducted in a safe manner through sound judgment and knowledge of safety procedures and guidelines


    • Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
    • Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic or experienced apprentice
    • Valid Driver's License (Driver's abstract required)
    • Able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
    • Able to work in potentially hazardous environment with exposure to variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical current
    • Willing to learn and take direction
    Please contact Mike Verwey at mverwey@revelstokemountainresort.com
    Boot Fitter Lead Hand

    The boot fitter lead hand will play an instrumental role in developing and growing a boot fitting program. This position will be responsible for the operations and sales of boot fitting and hard goods within the resort owned retail shop at the base of the resort.

    • October to April
    • Hourly rate plus commissions


    • Establish and meet service and quality guidelines for guest experience and merchandise
    • Hire, train and mentor boot fitters
    • Manage staff levels on a day to day basis
    • Assess guest’s needs and create foot beds and boots accordingly
    • Resolve customer problems efficiently and professionally
    • Manage and order hard goods inventory as required
    • Demonstrate proficiency in selling skills
    • Keep an organized & presentable work area
    • Maintain the facility in a clean and safe manner


    • Flexibility as schedule will include day, evening and weekend shifts
    • 3+ years of experience as a boot fitter
    • Create custom boots, liners, and foot beds for skiers and snowboarders
    • Formal boot fitting training would be considered an asset, i.e. Masterfit University
    • Extensive knowledge and use of products and tools of the trade – punches, foot bed grinders, etc
    • Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
    • Work both in a team and independently
    • Manage priorities
    • Anticipate business levels and manage accordingly
    • English as a first language, French and/or German language an asset
    • Team oriented leader with a desire to make a contribution
    • Knowledge of Skiing, Equipment, Biomechanics and Boot fitting techniques
    • Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
    • Well-organized
    • Good time management skills
    • Excellent communication skills
    • Conflict resolution skills
    Please contact Steve Bailey at sbailey@revelstokemountainresort.com

    The prior statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Policies and guidelines of the organization that apply to your position will be outlined when you report to work.

  • Hiring Requirements

    • Social Insurance number (Tax File Number): All employees are required to have a copy of their SIN number before work can commence. Proof of application is acceptable for international employees and must be applied for upon arrival in Canada. Please visit Service Canada for more information
    • Health Care Number.
    • Valid Work Visa (international applicants).
    • Valid Driver's License (if required for position).
    • Banking Information: Bank name, address, branch number, transit number, and account number. A VOID cheque is preferred.
    • Emergency Contact: Name, relationship, street address and phone number.
    • Permanent Mailing Address for tax information and other important documents.
  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: When do seasonal employment positions start?

    A: Our winter season kicks off in December with a closing date in April. Start dates vary according to the position applied for, but typically begin one week prior to winter operations.

    Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort offer staff accommodation?

    A: Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer staff accommodation at this time. The town of Revelstoke offers a variety of accommodation options. Please visit the Revelstoke Times Review for a current list of rental postings, or view rental listings at Revelstoke 4 Rent.

    International Applicants

    Q: I am not from Canada. What do I need to do to work at Revelstoke Mountain Resort?

    A: In order to be legally entitled to work in Canada, you will need to provide the following:

    • A Valid Work Permit.
    • Social Insurance Number (SIN) or acknowledgment of receipt that you have applied for one. For general inquiries, you can contact the office by email at sin-nas@sdc-dsc.gc.ca, visit the Social Development Canada website or call toll free in Canada: 1.800.206.7218. We encourage you to apply in person as your application will be certified and your documents will be returned to you immediately. You should receive your SIN card in approximately three weeks.
    • Criminal Record Check (International Applicants are required to obtain a Criminal Record Check before leaving their home country) Your clearance must be dated within the last 18 months.
    • Photo Identification (Government issued id only: passport, drivers license, etc).

    Q: I am not from Canada. How do I obtain a work permit?

    A: To apply for your Canadian Work Permit, you must contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Please remember that the application process can take several months.

    Q: I am applying for my work permit and have been told that I need a letter of offer to obtain the permit. Can Revelstoke Mountain Resort do this for me?

    A: Revelstoke Mountain Resort cannot give letters of offer to foreign workers who require such an offer to apply for their permit to come to Canada. You must apply for a Working Holiday Permit visa. This permit/visa does not require you to have arranged employment before entering Canada.

    Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort sponsor people?

    A: At present, Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer sponsorships. You are required to obtain a work permit yourself for all occupations.