Experience the legendary backcountry terrain around Revelstoke and Rogers Pass.
Through custom guiding and instruction packages, Revelstoke Backcountry Guides' team of ACMG and IFMGA Certified Guides provides open group and private backcountry tours that take small groups of up to 6 skiers into the incredible terrain surrounding the Revelstoke area.
Guests should be strong intermediate skiers or expert snowboarders in above average physical condition ready to ascend up to 3.5 hours total throughout the day. Guests 15-18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
One Day RMR Backcountry Itinerary
Each Backcountry package will be custom built based on the snow conditions and group experience level. Below is a typical itinerary for our day backcountry program.
Backcountry ski or splitboard touring using the lift system at Revelstoke Mountain Resort to find untracked snow and unique lines beyond the boundaries of the resort. Learn how to use skins and avalanche safety equipment and helpful skills to travel efficiently through the mountains.
Meet in the downstairs lobby of the Sutton Place Hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort with ski / snowboard boots on and dressed for a day of backcountry skiing.
There we'll cover the following:
|7:45am - 8:00am||Load the Revelation Gondola, ahead of the public opening|
|8:00am - 3:00pm||After a backcountry safety discussion, we'll spend the day exploring the backcountry in a custom guided itinerary based on group ability and current snowpack conditions.|
Packages & Pricing
|1 Day RMR Backcountry Tour||From $285/person||Maximum 6 people per group|
|2 Day Revelstoke and Rogers Pass Tour||From $585/person||Maximum 6 people per group|
All packages include:
- IFMGA/ACMG Certified Guide
- Transportation to/from ski venues from Revelstoke
- Freshly made lunch
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel and probe)
- Touring skis or splitboard and skins
- Lift ticket or seasons pass to RMR (available with your booking at a discounted rate)
- 25-40L backpack
- Warm hat
- Baseball cap (for uphill)
- Helmet (recommended)
- Additional insulating layers (for breaks and/or emergencies)
- Water (1-2L)
- 2 pairs of gloves (one light for uphill and one heavier for downhill)
- Additional nutrition/snacks (bars, gels etc.)