The Pipe Mountain Coaster is now closed for the 2020 season. See you in 2021!
The Pipe Mountain Coaster
Buy 24 Hrs In Advance*
Buy Online »
& Save Up To 25%
Turn up the heat this summer and take a ride on Revelstoke's #1 summer attraction.
This exhilarating ride is 1.4 km of twists and turns across ski runs, between glades and through a tunnel. You have the opportunity to travel up to 42 kilometres per hour but the power lies in your hands. This family-friendly ride allows you to control your own speed, making it ideal for people of all ages.
- In light of Covid-19, we have made some adjustments to our operating procedures and cleaning protocols. Gondola cabins will be disinfected frequently and Pipe Mountain Coaster carts will be sanitized after each use. For more information on our commitment to your health & safety, click here ≫
- Lower gondola access is included with your ride ticket for The Pipe.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- To ride alone you must be 8 years of age or older, and 4' 1" or taller. Maximum weight capacity per cart is 118kg (260lbs). Minimum of 16 years of age to ride with a passenger in the cart. Passengers must be 3 to 12 years old and a minimum of 96cm (3' 2") tall. Passengers must be no taller than the driver's shoulders. No upper height limit on single riders.
- Handheld devices including phones and action cameras are not permitted. If you wish to use an action camera, you must use a chest harness or headmount.
- Locals' discount available. Inquire at Guest Services for details. Revelstoke proof of address required.
- A maximum speed of 42kph will be managed by a push to go forward brake and a centrifugal brake.
- Riders must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload the coaster.
- The Pipe Mountain Coaster may need to be suspended temporarily or closed during any rain, thunderstorms, lightning or high winds. The Pipe Mountain Coaster will reopen as soon as safe operations can be assured.
- Riders must wear seatbelts at all times and keep their arms and legs within the cart.
- Carts are not to stop or come into contact while on the track. Riders must keep a minimum distance of 40m away from other carts.
- Up to two riders per cart - each rider is required to purchase a ticket.
- No smoking or intoxication is permitted while riding the Mountain Coaster.
- The Pipe is not recommended for pregnant women and those with pre-existing neck or back injuries.
- Dogs are not permitted in the gondola.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will the Pipe Mountain Coaster be open this summer?
We fully intend to open all of the Resort activities this summer and we will make every effort to do so. We are currently working towards a tentativ opening date of June 26th, 2020. Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter for the most up-to-date information.
- What are you doing to ensure the health and safety of guests in light of Covid-19?
The health and safety of our guests and team members is our highest priority. We want you to enjoy everything the mountain has to offer with absolute confidence so we developed Revelstoke Mountain Resort PureClean to elevate our existing hygiene and cleanliness procedures. We've have made several adjustments to our operating procedures including thoroughly cleaning gondola cabins and pipe carts after each use. For more information please click here ≫.
- If I buy a ticket online, can I pre-book a ride time?
No, you cannot make reservations for a specific time. The Pipe is operated on a first-come first-served basis. We can't reserve times because everyone travels at a different speed on The Pipe. If you are planning on visiting on a weekend or during summer holidays we recommend arriving as early as possible in case it is busy.
- I bought tickets online, how do I receive/collect them?
You will need to collect them from the Guest Services office in the Village Plaza. Make sure to present your order confirmation document along with some photo ID to collect them.
- Are my tickets refundable?
We can offer a rain check or a refund if The Pipe is closed due to inclement weather. Other than this, tickets are non-refundable.
- How will I know it's my turn to ride The Pipe?
Whether you've purchased your tickets online, or are purchasing tickets the day-of, you need to head to the base of the gondola with your tickets when you arrive at the Resort. A Pipe crew member there will give you a loading number. The numbers being called to ride will be displayed on TV screens around the Resort and on our website.
- How do I know if there is a wait time?
Live updates on wait times are listed on the TV monitors located throughout the resort and on our website.
- What is the minimum age to ride The Pipe?
Children 3 years old and up (who are 3'2" or taller) can ride the Pipe with a driver who is 16 or over, provided the passenger is no taller than the driver's shoulders when seated. Children who are 8 and over (and at least 4'2" tall) can ride alone.
- Are there other restrictions?
The total weight in each cart can't exceed 260lbs. The Pipe isn't recommended for people with existing neck or back injuries, or people who don't have the dexterity or grip strength to operate the brake. It is also not recommended for pregnant women as the seat belt is secured tightly across the hips. There is no upper height limit for single riders.
- Do I need any special equipment or clothing to ride The Pipe?
No special clothing or footwear is required to ride The Pipe. You might want to leave backpacks and baseball caps behind though!
- Can I take my camera?
If your camera has a mount that can be attached to you, then yes! Handheld devices such as cameras and cell phones are not permitted as both hands are needed to operate the cart.
- Do you offer discounted rates for large groups?
Yes, if you have a group of 10 or more people we do offer discounted tickets, please get in touch with our Sales Team at [email protected]
- Can I bring my dog?
Dogs are not permitted in the gondola and cannot join you on the Pipe Mountain Coaster. Your furry friends are more than welcome if supervised and on a leash in the Village Plaza at the base of the gondola.