Breaking Ground on Employee Housing
On Monday, October 3, 2022, Revelstoke Mountain Resort's Vice President and General Manager, Peter Nielsen, along with the Mayor of Revelstoke, Gary Sulz, had the honour of breaking ground on this monumental project.
The project, originally slated to start in the spring of 2023, is progressing faster than anticipated. The initial report stated that the Resort was planning to construct one building of a three-building plan during phase one, but has since been modified to include two buildings during the first phase.
“This is a crucial part of growth and development at the resort,” said Nielsen." We are pleased to see phase one starting sooner than we had anticipated. Providing additional housing will help alleviate some of the pressures we face with employee recruitment.”
The master plan includes three separate buildings, each containing 24 one-bedroom units and 68 two-bedroom units, for a total of 160 beds in each building (480 total). Construction is expected to take anywhere from 18-24 months to complete.
“ I’m ecstatic” said Sulz. “I’m not only impressed with the fact that the Resort is starting ahead of schedule, but also that they will be combining Phase One and Two. This is a big win for the community.”
Additional Project Details
- All units will be fully furnished with kitchen amenities and washroom facilities.
- Units range in size from 31.12 sq. m (335 sq. ft) for a one-bedroom, and up to 45.06 sq. m (485 sq. ft) for a two-bedroom unit.
- Each building will be six storeys tall.
- Ground floor will include common laundry, an amenity space, and ski locker storage.
- The second floor will include a staff room with desk and office space.
- A new ski-in trail will be constructed to the employee housing area.
- Dedicated parking for up to 93 staff vehicles will be provided.
- Bike parking and storage will also be provided.