Employment at Revelstoke Mountain Resort
Revelstoke Mountain Resort looks for individuals who are courageous, compassionate, and competitive; thrive on positive, frequent customer contact; have an adventurous spirit and are enthusiastic, sincere, and fun loving. Revelstoke Mountain Resort fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced and individual aspirations are fulfilled.
Current Openings for Revelstoke Mountain ResortClick here to see current job opportunities for Revelstoke Mountain Resort, which includes lift operations & maintenance, guest services, retail, rentals, repairs and administration.
The Sutton Place Hotel
- Room Attendant
The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke is committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service and product presentation. Room Attendants are responsible for the cleanliness of guest suites and public areas. Duties includes but are not limited to linen changes, making beds, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning windows, cleaning washrooms, stocking linen closets and supply areas. Hours of this position are Monday to Sunday with various start times depending upon hotel occupancy.
- Sweep, mop wash, polish floors
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture;
- Make beds, change sheets and distribute clean towels and toiletries;
- Stock linen closet and supplies area;
- Clean bathroom fixtures and appliances;
- Clean public areas such as changing room, showers and elevators;
- Pick up debris and empty trash container;
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings.
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Functional English language skills
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, in good health, and capable of working in a physically demanding job.
Food & Beverage
Rockford & Mackenzie Common
- Office Administrator
The Office Administrator at the Rockford Bar | Grill is responsible for the organization and supervision of all cash, debit and credit card transactions. You will supervise the cash handling procedures for all bar and service team members as well as provide home office support and communication for banking, deposits and financial reporting.
- Experience in a similar role is an asset
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient in the English language, spoken and written
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Positive attitude and be a team player
- Can excel in a fast-paced environment
No positions are currently open.
- Social Insurance number (Tax File Number): All employees are required to have a copy of their SIN number before work can commence. Proof of application is acceptable for international employees and must be applied for upon arrival in Canada. Please visit Service Canada for more information
- Health Care Number
- Valid Work Visa (international applicants)
- Valid Driver's License (if required for position)
- Banking Information: Bank name, address, branch number, transit number, and account number. A VOID cheque is preferred
- Emergency Contact: Name, relationship, street address and phone number
- Permanent Mailing Address for tax information and other important documents
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do seasonal employment positions start?
Our winter season kicks off in November with a closing date in April. Our summer season begins in May and runs until October. Start dates vary according to the position applied for, but typically begin one week prior to seasonal operations.
Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort offer staff accommodation?
Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer staff accommodation at this time. The town of Revelstoke offers a variety of accommodation options. Please make a rental application at Revelstoke Property Services or view private rental listings on The Stoke List classifieds.
Q: I am not from Canada. What do I need to do to work at Revelstoke Mountain Resort?
In order to be legally entitled to work in Canada, you will need to provide the following:
- A Valid Work Permit
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) or acknowledgment of receipt that you have applied for one. For general inquiries, you can contact the office by email at [email protected], visit the Social Development Canada website or call toll free in Canada: 1.800.206.7218. We encourage you to apply in person as your application will be certified and your documents will be returned to you immediately. You should receive your SIN card in approximately three weeks
- Criminal Record Check (International Applicants are required to obtain a Criminal Record Check before leaving their home country) Your clearance must be dated within the last 18 months
- Photo Identification (Government issued id only: passport, drivers license, etc)
Q: I am not from Canada. How do I obtain a work permit?
To apply for your Canadian Work Permit, you must contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Please remember that the application process can take several months.
Q: I am applying for my work permit and have been told that I need a letter of offer to obtain the permit. Can Revelstoke Mountain Resort do this for me?
Revelstoke Mountain Resort cannot give letters of offer to foreign workers who require such an offer to apply for their permit to come to Canada. You must apply for a Working Holiday Permit visa. This permit/visa does not require you to have arranged employment before entering Canada.
Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort sponsor people?
At present, Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer sponsorships. You are required to obtain a work permit yourself for all occupations.