Employment at Revelstoke Mountain Resort
Revelstoke Mountain Resort looks for individuals who are courageous, compassionate, and competitive; thrive on positive, frequent customer contact; have an adventurous spirit and are enthusiastic, sincere, and fun loving. Revelstoke Mountain Resort fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced and individual aspirations are fulfilled.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Office 365 & SharePoint Implementation Specialist
Revelstoke Mountain Resort is seeking for Office 365 & SharePoint Implementation Specialist to provide assistance and support to all departments and entities of the resort to ensure positive user experience. This is temporary contract position with flexible schedule depending on candidate’s availability and qualifications.
- Assessing Office 365 & SharePoint user’s needs and priorities
- Customization of user’s systems to suit individual needs.
- Demonstrate and Train users how to use SharePoint and other Office 365 applications.
- Developing and building training for Office 365, as well as related Systems
- Build interfaces powered by SharePoint.
- Develop “Quick Tips and Tricks” sheets for end users, which may include written procedures/documents
- Collaborating as a dedicated team member and demonstrating the ability to clearly communicate with other team members.
- Experience in the design, execution and optimization of Office 365 & services including SharePoint, Azure AD, One Drive, Teams and other O365 applications
- Experience in developing modern SharePoint sites
- Experience of business process/workflow optimization and automation tools
- Office 365 configuration experience
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised to complete assigned tasks
- Technical certifications or a combination of equivalent skills and experience
- Human Resources Manager
The successful candidate will join our RMR Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the VP of Operations, and be based at our offices right on the Mountain. They will be a dynamic, hands-on, solution-focused People and Culture Leader, with the ability to support our internal business partners with during an exciting growth phase in our company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Human Resources support to employees and the leadership team, and coordinating Human Resources activities including those related to: team engagement, recruiting and retention, team member relations, performance management, reward & recognition programs, facilitating internal communications, benefits/absenteeism management, health & safety program, and general HR administration. This role is critical in fostering high levels of engagement within the team, while supporting the company’s business and financial goals.
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated, professional individual, with outstanding verbal & written communication and presentation skills, resourceful problem-solving abilities, and a minimum 3-4 years Human Resources leadership experience in a dynamic environment – preferably in the resort/hospitality industry.
- Timely and effective first line HR response to team member and leadership team inquiries
- Finding creative ways and venues to source appropriate candidates for all current and future recruitment needs
- Oversight of Full-cycle Recruitment activities from needs analysis to job offer and onboarding, including completion of HR interview for all candidates in conjunction with operational team interviews, immigration support & documentation – tracking TFW work permits, supporting extension applications, etc.
- Assisting with development, coordination, facilitation and tracking of Team Member New Hire Orientation, training & development programs, both mandatory and internal
- Support Performance Management program – updated job descriptions, SOP documentation and maintenance, tracking KPIs, collating training material and supporting service quality assurance
- Planning & execution Resort employee programs and events (recognition, employee surveys, social & sport) to ensure team member engagement and retention
- Maintaining an open-door policy: liaising with VP, Ops in order to provide support to leadership team and employees regarding termination, disciplinary or other concerns
- Partnering with hotel leadership team and employees to ensure compliance with company practices and policies, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Working closely with the Finance team to oversee and audit internal payroll policies & procedures, and manage absenteeism and benefits programs
- Assisting the VP, Ops with regular salary/wage reviews and local surveys to ensure competitiveness within the market
- Making recommendations and assisting in the development of policy/procedure for Team Member Accommodation, currently under construction.
- Support and oversight of the Resorts’ Health & Safety Program, COR Audit process
- Design and implement Employee Housing policies and administration structure
- Any other responsibilities and special projects as required
- Proven work ethic, high integrity and accountability
- Superior ability to influence and build relationships both internally and externally
- A dedication to service excellence
- A keen interest in supporting growth & development
- High levels of organization skills: the ability to scale up, manage large projects and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A strong sense of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion
- A post-secondary degree or certificate, preferably with a concentration in Human Resources leadership
- Computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, HRIS; previous experience with Time & Attendance, ATS programs are preferred
- A passion for mountain life and a desire to be a part of creating an iconic Canadian mountain resort, residency in the Revelstoke vicinity will be required
The Revelstoke Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Access Control Agent
The Access Control Agent is responsible for the validation of all passes, whilst making sure all pass checking policies and procedures are upheld.
- Understand the proper use of the RFID scanners and their functions.
- Ensure that all guests and staff accessing the lifts are in possession of a valid and active pass.
- Assist guests with pass issues.
- Assist guests at the bottom of the Turtle Creek Magic Carpet.
- Answer guest inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Provide the guest with general resort and town information.
- Work outdoors for long periods of time in varying weather conditions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player.
- Enjoy working outside.
- English as a first language, French language an asset.
- Previous Ticket Checking experience an asset.
- Mature, enthusiastic, and guest service-oriented.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Conflict resolution skills an asset.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experienced Groomer/ Winch Cat Operator
The grooming crew is responsible for operating grooming equipment in accordance with company procedures and training.
- Operate all grooming equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Carry out pre- and post-trip inspections and complete daily log sheets;
- Report any issues to supervisor and maintenance department
- Re-building and maintaining high traffic slopes
- Previous experience operating groomer/winch cat
- Understanding of mountain resort operations and basic cat maintenance
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as a part of the team
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to work night shifts
The Sutton Place Hotel
- Room Attendant
The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke is committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service and product presentation. Room Attendants are responsible for the cleanliness of guest suites and public areas. Duties includes but are not limited to linen changes, making beds, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning windows, cleaning washrooms, stocking linen closets and supply areas. Hours of this position are Monday to Sunday with various start times depending upon hotel occupancy.
- Sweep, mop wash, polish floors
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture;
- Make beds, change sheets and distribute clean towels and toiletries;
- Stock linen closet and supplies area;
- Clean bathroom fixtures and appliances;
- Clean public areas such as changing room, showers and elevators;
- Pick up debris and empty trash container;
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings.
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Functional English language skills
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, in good health, and capable of working in a physically demanding job.
Food & Beverage
Rockford & Mackenzie Common
No positions are currently open.
No positions are currently open.
- Social Insurance number (Tax File Number): All employees are required to have a copy of their SIN number before work can commence. Proof of application is acceptable for international employees and must be applied for upon arrival in Canada. Please visit Service Canada for more information
- Health Care Number
- Valid Work Visa (international applicants)
- Valid Driver's License (if required for position)
- Banking Information: Bank name, address, branch number, transit number, and account number. A VOID cheque is preferred
- Emergency Contact: Name, relationship, street address and phone number
- Permanent Mailing Address for tax information and other important documents
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do seasonal employment positions start?
Our winter season kicks off in November with a closing date in April. Our summer season begins in May and runs until October. Start dates vary according to the position applied for, but typically begin one week prior to seasonal operations.
Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort offer staff accommodation?
Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer staff accommodation at this time. The town of Revelstoke offers a variety of accommodation options. Please make a rental application at Revelstoke Property Services or view private rental listings on The Stoke List classifieds.
Q: I am not from Canada. What do I need to do to work at Revelstoke Mountain Resort?
In order to be legally entitled to work in Canada, you will need to provide the following:
- A Valid Work Permit
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) or acknowledgment of receipt that you have applied for one. For general inquiries, you can contact the office by email at [email protected], visit the Social Development Canada website or call toll free in Canada: 1.800.206.7218. We encourage you to apply in person as your application will be certified and your documents will be returned to you immediately. You should receive your SIN card in approximately three weeks
- Criminal Record Check (International Applicants are required to obtain a Criminal Record Check before leaving their home country) Your clearance must be dated within the last 18 months
- Photo Identification (Government issued id only: passport, drivers license, etc)
Q: I am not from Canada. How do I obtain a work permit?
To apply for your Canadian Work Permit, you must contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Please remember that the application process can take several months.
Q: I am applying for my work permit and have been told that I need a letter of offer to obtain the permit. Can Revelstoke Mountain Resort do this for me?
Revelstoke Mountain Resort cannot give letters of offer to foreign workers who require such an offer to apply for their permit to come to Canada. You must apply for a Working Holiday Permit visa. This permit/visa does not require you to have arranged employment before entering Canada.
Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort sponsor people?
At present, Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer sponsorships. You are required to obtain a work permit yourself for all occupations.