Employment at Revelstoke Mountain Resort
Revelstoke Mountain Resort looks for individuals who are courageous, compassionate, and competitive; thrive on positive, frequent customer contact; have an adventurous spirit and are enthusiastic, sincere, and fun loving. Revelstoke Mountain Resort fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced and individual aspirations are fulfilled.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Bike Mechanic
This is a full time seasonal position from late June through to late September. As a bike mechanic you will be responsible for the assembly, maintenance and repair of both our guest’s and rental fleet bikes. Assisting guests in the rental store and with bike rentals may be required at times.
Rate: $18-22/hr* depending on experience
- Assemble new bikes for the rental fleet and customers new bike purchases.
- Maintain the bike rental fleet in safe working condition.
- Assist customers in finding appropriate bike parts, gears and accessories.
- Use your skills to provide premium bike maintenance and repairs.
- Assist with ensuring sufficient levels of service parts are on hand.
- 2+ years of experience as bike mechanic.
- Extensive knowledge of bikes, diagnosis and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hard working, energetic, positive attitude.
- Multitask between repair, rental and retail operations.
- Maintain all work and store area’s clean and organized.
- Team oriented
- Share your passion for mountain biking with guests
Although no transportation is provided, we highly encourage summer staff to participate in our “Bike to Work” program - which rewards staff who bike with cash! RMR’s Bike to Work incentive handed out over $5000 in cash to Summer 2019 employees!
No positions are currently open.
The Sutton Place Hotel
- Room Attendant
The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke is committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service and product presentation. Room Attendants are responsible for the cleanliness of guest suites and public areas. Duties includes but are not limited to linen changes, making beds, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning windows, cleaning washrooms, stocking linen closets and supply areas. Hours of this position are Monday to Sunday with various start times depending upon hotel occupancy.
- Sweep, mop wash, polish floors
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture;
- Make beds, change sheets and distribute clean towels and toiletries;
- Stock linen closet and supplies area;
- Clean bathroom fixtures and appliances;
- Clean public areas such as changing room, showers and elevators;
- Pick up debris and empty trash container;
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings.
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Functional English language skills
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, in good health, and capable of working in a physically demanding job.
The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke is recruiting Seasonal Concierge Personnel. Duties include assisting with arrivals and departures, providing outstanding guest service that meets and exceeds guest expectations. Concierge must possess a positive and upbeat personality, have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented and be able to problem solve.
- Assist with guest arrival and departures
- Provide personalized service in a professional manner
- Be knowledgeable of community and/or resort attractions and events
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person
- Work closely and professionally with various departments.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to operate a standard transmission vehicle
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
- Experience in all aspects of customer service
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate and organize
Food & Beverage
Rockford & Mackenzie Common
- Senior Sous Chef
Work in Revelstoke. Live the dream. World-renowned skiing, legendary powder and Mountain biking, the most vertical in North America. A real small-town community in a natural paradise.
Named as a one of Canada’s “Top 4 Most Livable Ski Towns” on Revelstoke winters are filled with epic powder days and cozy evenings by the fireplace, après brews, and a large array of outdoor adventures.
Rockford Revelstoke is planning for future growth and expansion and is seeking a year-round Senior Sous Chef. Live and work in a mountain paradise while growing and advancing in your culinary career.
This role assists in directing and controlling the culinary operations reporting to the chef.
- Daily shift management, including labour controls and line check systems.
- Oversee all revenue periods and preparation and management of fresh made prep recipes
- Management of prep charts ensuring freshness, shelf life and proper food safe practices are controlled
- To produce all assigned prep items in an efficient and consistent manner while following the specifications, recipes and techniques of the company.
- Caring, passionate, intelligent leadership skills
- A strong understanding of professional culinary operations
- Excellent high volume culinary production skills
- Team leadership in highly engaged kitchen area – ideally 2+ years
- Understanding of hotel or resort operations would be an asset
- Highly organized.
- Personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Culinary school completion is an asset
- High energy and motivated.
- Salary position + bonus program.
- Free winter season’s pass
- Free summer seasons pass (Mountain biking)
- Health benefits
- Leadership training courses
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Line Cook
We are seeking a professional line cook to prepare food to the chefs specifications and to set up stations for Line execution. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the chef and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Stock inventory appropriately based on service requirement
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Clean up station and take care of closing food station
- Answer, report and follow Chef or Sous Chefs instructions
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line cook, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Good understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry best practices
- High School desired
No positions are currently open.
- Social Insurance number (Tax File Number): All employees are required to have a copy of their SIN number before work can commence. Proof of application is acceptable for international employees and must be applied for upon arrival in Canada. Please visit Service Canada for more information
- Health Care Number
- Valid Work Visa (international applicants)
- Valid Driver's License (if required for position)
- Banking Information: Bank name, address, branch number, transit number, and account number. A VOID cheque is preferred
- Emergency Contact: Name, relationship, street address and phone number
- Permanent Mailing Address for tax information and other important documents
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do seasonal employment positions start?
Our winter season kicks off in November with a closing date in April. Our summer season begins in May and runs until October. Start dates vary according to the position applied for, but typically begin one week prior to seasonal operations.
Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort offer staff accommodation?
Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer staff accommodation at this time. The town of Revelstoke offers a variety of accommodation options. Please make a rental application at Revelstoke Property Services or view private rental listings on The Stoke List classifieds.
Q: I am not from Canada. What do I need to do to work at Revelstoke Mountain Resort?
In order to be legally entitled to work in Canada, you will need to provide the following:
- A Valid Work Permit
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) or acknowledgment of receipt that you have applied for one. For general inquiries, you can contact the office by email at [email protected], visit the Social Development Canada website or call toll free in Canada: 1.800.206.7218. We encourage you to apply in person as your application will be certified and your documents will be returned to you immediately. You should receive your SIN card in approximately three weeks
- Criminal Record Check (International Applicants are required to obtain a Criminal Record Check before leaving their home country) Your clearance must be dated within the last 18 months
- Photo Identification (Government issued id only: passport, drivers license, etc)
Q: I am not from Canada. How do I obtain a work permit?
To apply for your Canadian Work Permit, you must contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Please remember that the application process can take several months.
Q: I am applying for my work permit and have been told that I need a letter of offer to obtain the permit. Can Revelstoke Mountain Resort do this for me?
Revelstoke Mountain Resort cannot give letters of offer to foreign workers who require such an offer to apply for their permit to come to Canada. You must apply for a Working Holiday Permit visa. This permit/visa does not require you to have arranged employment before entering Canada.
Q: Does Revelstoke Mountain Resort sponsor people?
At present, Revelstoke Mountain Resort does not offer sponsorships. You are required to obtain a work permit yourself for all occupations.