What To Expect for Winter 2020.21
November 25 2020
Updated November 25, 2020
Current Travel Advisory from the Government of B.C.
Winter is just around the corner, and we can’t wait to see the lifts spinning and get our first turns in of the season.
We are committed to providing you with the most up to date information regarding our winter operating protocols. Below, you will find our latest updates on what to expect moving into the winter season. Please note, that due to the ever-evolving nature of the situation surrounding Covid-19, these policies are subject to change throughout the season.
- Health & Safety
- Building on the success of our PureClean health and safety protocols put in place this summer, the Resort will continue to implement physical distancing, self-screening, and increased cleanliness and sanitization Resort-wide. We will also continue to follow all Interior Health Authority and Provincial Government regulations pertaining to Covid-19.
- Resort Access & Lifts
- Masks or face coverings will be mandatory for everyone throughout the Resort including in the Village base area, all indoor facilities, lift lines and while riding in the gondola and on chairlifts. Appropriate masks and face coverings are defined as any double-layer material that adequately covers a person’s mouth and nose. Children 3 and under are not required to wear a mask or face covering.
- We will be eliminating on-site ticket sales. This means all tickets must be purchased online. All guests must have a pre-purchased lift product in order to ski or snowboard at Revelstoke Mountain Resort this season. Pre-purchased lift products include online lift tickets, Vertical Cards, Mountain Collective Passes, Ikon Passes, Grouse Mountain Y2Play Pass tickets, Sunshine Supercards, Locals Card, Ski and Stay packages, and reseller tickets, including tickets purchased at Costco.
- Reservations will not be required on ski dates for Season Passholders and any pre-purchased lift products, including the Mountain Collective Pass, Ikon Pass, Sunshine Super Card, Vertical Card, Y2Play Pass, Local Card, Ski and Stay packages, and reseller tickets.
- Daily capacity restrictions will be in place so we recommend purchasing your tickets well in advance.
- NEW! Guests will have the option to ride the lifts either in mixed cohorts or private cohorts. Mixed cohorts will be loaded onto the gondola with 4 passengers per gondola cabin or 4 people per chair. Private cohorts can load up to 8 people per gondola cabin or 4 people per chair.
- Gondola cabins have been protected with Integral Surface Protection Program.
- Lift attendants that may need to physically assist with loading/unloading will wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Refund Policies
- We have developed a Season Interruption Policy for Season Passes which will be effective if Resort operations are suspended due to Covid-19.
- Refund requests for third party pass/card products including Mountain Collective, Ikon Pass, Y2Play Pass, Sunshine Super Card, Tour Operator and Costco will be handled directly by the reseller. Please contact the reseller directly in the event of suspended operations. Costco lift tickets can be returned for a full refund by April 30, 2021 if the envelope has not been opened. Alternatively, in the event of an in-season closure, any unused lift tickets from Costco will also be valid for use next winter.
- All our winter 2020.21 products including lift tickets, Vertical Cards, Rentals and Snow School reservations have a "no questions asked" refund policy in place until December 7, 2020. Until December 7, 2020, guests may cancel their lift ticket, equipment rental or snow school reservation without penalty. All remaining Vertical Card days will be automatically rolled over to the 2021.22 season. Effective December 8, 2020, all lift tickets, equipment rentals and snow school reservations are non-refundable except for the following COVID-19 related circumstances:
- If the Resort is forced to close.
- If you have a mandated self isolation. Please note, Revelstoke Mountain Resort will require medical documentation.
- If you are prevented from travelling to Revelstoke due to COVID-19 related travel restriction.
- Suspended Services
- With uncertainty surrounding visitation patterns, staffing concerns, an increase in operating expenses, and new Covid-19 protocols, we have decided to suspend the following services listed below. Our intent is to approach this season cautiously and expand our operating footprint as conditions allow.
- On-site lift tickets will not be available. Lift tickets must be pre-purchased.
- The Terrain Park will be closed for the 2020.21 season. The Gnome Zone will be open, but without any features.
- Warming huts located at the top of the Gondola, Stoke and Ripper chairs.
- Events with over 50 attendees, with the exception of competitions where physical distancing can be maintained. Spectators will not be permitted at competitions.
- Childcare services.
- Locker facilities located Guest Services and Revelation Lodges.
- Safety Protocols
- All guests are asked to self-assess and not visit the Resort if feeling unwell.
- Each staff member will have their temperature checked daily. Any staff member with a fever will be sent home immediately.
- Physical distancing measures and signage will be in place throughout the Resort.
- Increased sanitization and scheduled cleanings throughout all areas of the Resort using products recommended by Health Canada as being effective against the Covid-19 virus.
- Snow School
- Group Lessons will not be offered with the exception of Kids Weekend Programs.
- Snow School participants will be required to undergo a self-health screening prior to starting their lesson.
- All Snow School staff and guests will be required to wear a face covering, except when they are moving on skis or snowboards. Face coverings will be required for guest arrival and check-in.
- Private Lessons will be available for ages 4 and up.
- Staggered lesson times will be implemented for all Snow School programs.
- Weekend Programs will be limited to residents within the Columbia Shuswap Regional District.
- Rental Shop
- Our Rental Shop will be configured to promote physical distancing and limit contact with staff and other guests.
- Equipment will be fully disinfected between each use.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting schedule for all Rental areas.
- Guests are encouraged to pre-book equipment rentals online prior to their arrival.
- Food & Beverage
- Seating will be reduced in all venues with tables spread out to allow for adequate social distancing. Tables will be sanitized after every use.
- Face coverings will be required for guests and staff when inside any food and beverage outlet, except when seated at a table and eating or drinking.
- Expanded outdoor seating will be available at Revelation Lodge.
- Expanded room service from the Rockford Bar | Grill and Mackenzie Tavern.
- Online ordering will be available for all food and beverage outlets.
- Table reservations will be available and are strongly recommended for Revelation Lodge, Rockford Bar | Grill and Mackenzie Tavern.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you on the slopes this winter.